I’m often asked “Why should I Blog…I Don’t see the value in it, and I rarely read other peoples blogs.” Well, for starters, you are not other people. And other people are reading Blogs. Once again, it’s not about you, it’s about your customers. Also, the word “rarely” is not “never”, so there are in fact times, when you do seek a Blog article. And trust me, there will be times when a potential client of yours is seeking information about your company as well. Here then, are a list of 5 reasons to Blog, even if no one reads it.
1) SEO Benefits: The effects of Blogging and SEO benefits are many. Articles are picked up, reported on, indexed, copied, and referenced. And your brand is associated with the information every time. When you add the fact that the information has an infinite search life, what you do today can be seen for years.
2) Crisis management: Do you have some important information you need to get out NOW? Your Blog may be the best, fastest way to announce it to the world.
3) Re-Purpose content: White Papers, News Letters, Other Blog entries – All of them make great additions to your Blog, and give you credibility, show you as credible, and keep you connected.
4) Differentiation: Are you different from your competitors? Your Blog is a great way to flex your service “muscles” by demonstrating your strengths and keeping you ahead of the competition.
5) PR Opportunities: Have you won an award? Have you hired someone? Never before has the execution of a massive outreach of information been at your fingertips so quickly.